NEW: Opportunities for Young Africans
Here are new opportunities for Africans as presented by Ayiba in conjunction with Opportunity Desk!
Central and West Africa Peace Fellowship- Kribi, Cameroon
Deadline: October 31, 2015
Are you a young African peace activist looking for the key to self-development to help you in your life and work? Would you like to learn how to develop your own inner peace in order to engage more effectively in your peace work? Peace Revolution Fellowship strives to bring peace to the world by supporting individuals to find inner peace and sharing that peace with their families, friends and communities, hence the slogan PIPO or Peace In, Peace Out
- Candidates must be African nationals residing in Central or West Africa : Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, South Sudan, Benin, Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Mauritania, Cape Verde, Senegal, Niger, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Togo, Ghana, Gambia, Burkina Faso, St.Helena
- Candidates should be 20-30 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support.
- Candidates must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program by November 30th . Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
Deadline: October 23, 2015
The Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism (WSCIJ) invites entries from Nigerian reporters for the 10th Wole Soyinka Award for Investigative Reporting.
This award rewards outstanding reporters from print, radio, television, online, photography and editorial cartoon categories. The submitted stories must have first been published or broadcast in a Nigerian media between 4th October 2014 and 3rd October 2015.
Print, Radio, Television, Photography, Online & Editorial Cartoon.
The Award is open to any Nigerian professional reporter or team of reporters (full time or freelancers), 18years and above, who have produced a published story whether through print or electronic media (television; radio or online) primarily targeted at and received by a Nigerian audience.
Deadline: December 15, 2015
The International Peace Scholarship Fund, established in 1949, is a program which provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding.
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible.
- Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
Deadline: December 2, 2015
The Global Change Leaders Program is a seven-week education program offered by Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership. This program enables women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities. Program participants engage in learning grounded in real world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas. Through a shared learning environment with other emerging women leaders from around the world, participants are exposed to a range of experiences and the beginnings of a potentially lifelong network of support.
- Possess a minimum of four years of demonstrated leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavor in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, political engagement of women and the rights of girls and women;
- Have great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;
- Hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience;
St. Gallen Symposium invite all students studying on graduate level or higher to contribute to the world’s most prestigious essay competition, endowed with CHF 20,000 prize money and the St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award. Since its inception in 1989, tens of thousands of young academics have competed for this award from more than 1,200 universities in over 100 countries worldwide.
Your essay must answer the following question: What are alternatives to economic growth?Leaders of Tomorrow have expressed skepticism towards economic growth as it stands today. Your are challenged to develop your alternative guidelines to the concept of growth. Present your own idea to convince the jury. Be bold and unconventional.
To be eligible, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a graduate or postgraduate program (master level or higher) in any field of study at a regular university
- Born in 1986 or later
Deadline: November 26, 2015
Bank of America is offering summer internship to eligible Africans! This 10 week (June-August 2016) summer internship program will give you the chance to discover the world of banking at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. As a summer analyst you will have the opportunity to gain in depth exposure to a line of business and gain an invaluable insight into the organization and its culture.
Candidates should be in their penultimate year of study, expecting to graduate in 2017. Those graduating in 2018 will also be considered.
- Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent).
- Applications are accepted from any degree discipline.
- Fluency in English is essential and a second language may also be required for some roles.
Deadline: December 1, 2015
Google is offering several internships across the Middle East, Europe and Africa. These internships exposes interns to the technology industry, as well as provide opportunities for personal and professional development. Duration and start date of internship vary depending on the position.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program and maintaining student status throughout the internship. Priority given to students graduating end of 2016 or in 2017.
- Returning to education on a full-time basis upon completing the internship.
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 10 weeks and up to 6 months at Google.
- Previous internship experience in Sales, Advertising, Consulting, Analysis, Customer Service, Marketing, Finance or related fields.
Deadline: November 16, 2015
The World Bank Group is collaborating with Coursera to provide a free online course titled: Financing for Development.
The objective of this 4-week course is to familiarize more people with the new development agenda, the critical role of the private sector and the use of finance, including innovative solutions, to fund the SDGs and meet the Bank Group goals of ending poverty and boosting shared prosperity by 2030.