Blavity Inc.’s Summit21, the largest influencer conference for Black women, took Atlanta by storm this past weekend featuring the biggest #Bosslady lineup of accomplished Black women yet. Speakers included Ms. Tina Knowles-Lawson, Congresswoman Maxine Waters, Karrueche, Ashley Blaine Featherson, Goapele and more. Andrea Lewis (Degrassi: The Next Generation) was the MC of the event.
In addition to the fireside chats, masterclasses, panels and workshops, attendees each left the conference with at least one new skill, a host of new connections and the motivation to achieve their life goals. Attendees also had the opportunity to participate in the largest #BeforeILetGoChallenge as Fulani Bahati, one of Beyonce’s dancers, taught the steps to the conference’s 1,500 guests so they could perform the dance for Ms. Tina as a surprise.
Morgan DeBaun, Founder, CEO, Blavity Inc., announced that Summit21 would be coming to Los Angeles, Calif. on October 5-6, 2019.
“This is the fourth year of us doing Summit21 here in Atlanta, and it’s always so inspiring to witness the joy, sisterhood and overall dope vibes that our audience has come to expect,” said Morgan DeBaun, Founder, CEO, Blavity Inc. “There really is no other conference out there like it that is focused on empowering, connecting and supporting Black women. We’re excited to bring the conference on the road this year starting with Los Angeles in October.”
Other happenings at Summit21 this year include:
- The Power of an Idea From Concept To Completion
- Pitch Competition Semi-finals
- Leveling Up In Your Career
- Crash Course To Launching Your Online Course
- Entrepreneurship From Launch To Practice
- Stages of A Startup And Vocabulary
- Secure The Bag: How To Land Financial Partnerships
- Schmoney Time – Personal Budgeting And Financial Workshop
- I’m Every Woman – A Discussion About Motherhood And The Work-Life Balance
- Mind, Body, Spirit: Finding Your Voice To Improving Your Physical And Mental Wellness
- Build Your Brand – PR, Marketing And More
Summit21 “Unspoken” Poetry Night:
- An evening gathering for attendees to enjoy chill vibes and spoken word performed by gifted Black women poets including Ashlee Haze, Alysia Harrisand Joan Leslie. Iconic singer/ songwriter/ activist, Goapele will be hosting the event. Additionally, we will be premiering #WhereIsBeauty. Starring singer/songwriter Goapele, #WhereIsBeautyis a beautifully raw visual depiction of a woman during intimate moments of self-reflectionwhile identifying her personal standard of beautyin an age where social media homogenizes women.
- Maryam Moma, Tracy Murrell, Rochelle Washington, Evelyn Quinones, Jill is Black, Alicia Renee Bell, Chrissy Brimmage, Ariel Dannielle, Phylis Iller,A’Driane Nieves, Ebony Balding, Yelaine Rodriguez, T Lang.
Small Business Row:
- To give local Atlanta-based small business a boost and expand their reach, we’re featuring six small businesses at Summit21 this year, including: J. Dow Fitness, LLC, Poise Ann, Halls of Art LLC, Elixir Candle Co., Divine Arte,Yamerra. Each will have a booth to engage conference attendees over the course of the two days.
- Shop Chateau 21 for free designer beauty products, the latest tech gear, and other dope swag to take home. A few of the brands featured in Chateau 21 include: Shea Moisture, Eden Bodyworks, Aunt jackie’s Curls and Coils, Perfect Pineapple, Beautycounter, Soho South Boutique, Chice Sugar, Legendary Rootz and more.