Scholarships, Fellowships, Internships, Jobs & Events
Take advantage of these great scholarships and opportunities brought to you by Ayiba Magazine. If you find them helpful, remember to share with your friends. Also, subscribe to our newsletter and get alerts on specially curated experiences and events that will get you closer to your life goals. To submit relevant opportunities and events that we can help you promote, click here.
Summer Youth Assembly 2017 at UN headquarters in New York (Scholarships Available)
Deadline: June 16, 2017
Applications are open to attend the 2017 Summer Youth Assembly of the United Nations taking place in New York from August 9 – 12, 2017. The 20th session of the Youth Assembly at the United Nations presents both an enormous opportunity and a challenge to stimulate and ensure youth engagement and participation in achieving an inclusive and sustainable future where no one is left behind
Eligibility & Selection
A Youth Assembly Delegate* must be:
- Between the ages of 16 – 28 (at the time of the conference)
- Actively involved in his/her community
- Interested in sustainable development and the United Nations
- Strongly motivated to become a changemaker in their community and the world
Interested applicants who are 29 years old and older may apply as a Youth Assembly Observer*.
Applications are evaluated based on the individual’s work or involvement, achievements, and interest in sustainable development and the United Nations.
*Please note that becoming a Youth Assembly Delegate/Observer does not constitute an official position as a representative, delegate or ambassador of your country.
Click here to apply: http://bit.ly/2pMGtIk
Schwarzman Scholars Program
Deadline: September 28, 2017
Calling all future leaders! Schwarzman Scholars is now accepting applications from across the world for the third cohort of young leaders to participate in the Schwarzman Scholars program. The highly selective, fully funded program is designed to ensure that the next generation of generation of business, political and civil society leaders can effectively serve as bridges between China and the rest of the world.
The benefits of this program include:
- Tuition fees
- Room and board
- Travel to and from Beijing
- Required Course books and supplies
- Lenovo laptop and smartphone
- Health Insurance
- A personal stipend of 3500$
Online application opens on April 17, 2017 and closes on September 28, 2017. Interviews will take place in three locations around the world. Admissions Decisions will be made by mid-November 2017. Click here to apply: http://bit.ly/2pZobjB
Helen Landsdowne Resor Scholarship
Deadline: Sunday, May 14, 2017.
Applications are now open for the 2017 Helen Landsdowne Resor Scholarship, which supports and promotes talented female creative advertising students from around the world in honor of the industry’s first female copywriter, Helen Lansdowne Resor. The program will run through 2020.
To be eligible, applicant must:
- Be female
- Be registered as a student at a participating undergraduate and/or portfolio school and be no less than 12 months from completion of their degree at May 14, 2017
- Show creative talent and promise
- Maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress as determined by their school
- Application form
- Personal statement (500 words or less)
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- 3-5 maximum creative samples (less than 7 MB) showcasing your best work
- Ensure that all required creative samples are uploaded or made accessible via a link (Google Drive, Dropbox, portfolio website, etc.) and include this link in your submission
Terms of Scholarship
Scholarships are paid directly to the university/portfolio school you are attending
Tuition payments will be made until the scholarship balance reaches zero or when the recipient graduates. Reimbursement payments by J. Walter Thompson will not be made for tuition already paid by the student prior to being awarded the HLR Scholarship
Apply here: https://www.jwt.com/hlrscholarship/
Academy Africa Fellowship
Deadline: 31 May, 2017
Chatham House is pleased to invite applicants for the Academy Africa Fellowship in the
Queen Elizabeth II Academy for Leadership in International Affairs.
The fellowship is open to citizens of Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, or South Africa. Applications will be accepted from applicants holding dual nationality which includes one of these countries.
It is required that the applicant holds a completed BA degree or equivalent, Masters degree with an international focus is preferred.
The fellowship is aimed at candidates at the mid-stage of their career and who come from academia, NGOs, business, government departments, civil society or the media. They should possess knowledge of, and an interest in, one of the policy-related challenges laid out in the research topics in ‘Research Topics.’
When can I apply?
The recruitment round for 2017 is between 3 April and 31 May, applications made outside of this period will not be considered. Apply using our online application portal.
Remuneration and benefits
The fellow will receive a monthly stipend of £2,160. Modest provision is made for the costs of relocation, fieldwork, and possible publication costs.
Click here to apply: http://bit.ly/2o9m0Zm
Talent Meets Bertelsmann 2017
Deadline: May 21, 2017
Are you creative? Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset? Are you passionate about shaping the future of the media landscape, especially in the digital domain? Then seize the opportunity to apply to participate in our anniversary edition of “Talent Meets Bertelsmann 2017”!
This is the real deal – you’ll meet members of our Executive Board and international top executives. You’ll participate in challenging workshops, working hand in hand with experienced Bertelsmann entrepreneurs on key business ideas that will be increasingly important for the future of media and services industries. A jury composed of members of Bertelsmann’s Executive Board will evaluate your ideas and solutions. Afterwards, you’ll become part of the unique “Talent Meets Bertelsmann” community that already includes more than 500 outstanding members.
What we’re offering:
- An invitation to Berlin from July 3 to July 5, 2017.
- The chance to celebrate the event’s tenth installment by joining us for our Talent Meets Bertelsmann anniversary edition.
- The opportunity to take part in workshops on future trends in our business areas.
- Attractive prizes for the best ideas and designs.
- An unforgettable party, complete with a concert from a BMG Rights Management talent.
- Individualized career consulting and outstanding networking opportunities.
- Membership in the extraordinary “Talent Meets Bertelsmann“ network, which gives you the chance to build a long-term relationship with us.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor, Master or MBA students or doctoral candidates, ideally in the field of economics, humanities, media management, or business informatics.
- Experience in developing creative and innovative business models and a fascination with cutting-edge digital trends.
- Demonstrated affinity for media in projects conducted outside of a school or university context.
- Above-average academic performance, as well as strong analytical and conceptual abilities and communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
We’ll cover the costs of each participant’s hotel room for two nights (July 3 to July 5, 2017), as well as travel expenses up to 300 EUR for students coming from European schools and up to 500 EUR for students from non-European schools.
Interested? Then play a part in shaping the media world of tomorrow and apply from March 6 to May 21, 2017 to participate in our anniversary edition!
Click here to apply: http://bit.ly/2nHhOUp