1 fresh coconut
¾ cup sugar
½ cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
- Break coconut open and remove flesh of the coconut.
- Using a potato peeler, shave coconut flesh into thin strips (About 2 cups).
- In a sauce pan over low/ medium heat combine sugar, water and lemon juice.
- Stir once and cook until it browns (about 8 minutes).
- Add coconut shavings and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and cook uncovered until liquid reduces and becomes dark brown.
- Using a spoon,form small spoon sized mounds of coconut and place on parchment paper.
- Cool and serve as a snack.
For more delicious recipes, visit AfroFood TV.