Ayiba Summer Internship 2016
We are hiring!
Ayiba is a fast-growing online magazine focused on highlighting a new generation of movers and shakers who disrupt tired narratives through innovation, technology, and new media. We are looking for five (5) interns to help grow our readership, build new partnerships, and create some buzz.
About the summer program
The online media industry is fast-paced. Qualified candidates for our program must be able to work under demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment, as well as possess excellent computer, communication, and organizational skills. Candidates must be available to work 10 -15 hours a week.
The application deadline is June 4th, 2016. The internship program starts June 13th and ends August 24, 2016.
Content Strategy (2) : Ayiba is looking for versatile, hard-working, and talented interns who are passionate about our mission to help distribute our content this summer. Understanding of SEO, familiarity with WordPress CMS, and regular use of social media platforms is required. Content Strategy interns will work closely with our Managing Editor and Editor-in-chief.
- Plan and execute on media and content strategies.
- Learn the ins and outs of producing and curating content.
- Understand how to effectively distribute content using earned and owned tactics.
- Conceptualize, plan, and set up organic search & social programs.
- Plan, write and implement website and email marketing content.
- Learn the creative and production process and how to work with a network of creative professionals.
Business Development (2) : Ayiba is looking for tenacious business development interns to increase partnerships, sell ad space, and assist in our overall monetization strategy. Biz Dev interns will work directly with Ayiba’s Founder.
- Create partnerships with strategic blogs, news channels, and organizations
- Organize interviews, features and other PR opportunities for Ayiba
- Ad sales
Social Media (1) : Ayiba is looking for an exceptional social media & marketing intern to join our creative, hard-working team. You will be contributing to the growth and expansion of Ayiba’s readership by assisting our current Social Media Manager.
- Contribute to the development of our social media strategy
- Manage social media channels, especially Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Increase community engagement
- Promote website and blog content
- Conduct detailed analytical reporting
- Ability to network with young African leaders
- Opportunity to attend/cover events for Ayiba
- Hands-on experience with an ace team
- Freedom to lead projects, test strategies, and implement your ideas
- Recommendation and references upon completion
Are you the right fit?
- Are you a good writer and researcher?
- Do you care about attention to detail and quality of work?
- Can you manage multiple tasks with ease?
- Are you tech savvy and do you have a basic understanding of modern digital technologies?
- Are you passionate about everything you do?
*All internships are remote and unpaid.
Email email@example.com with your resume.