Write for Ayiba Magazine!
We are always looking for writers to contribute to our issues. If you want to lend your voice to the African Renaissance and join in the digital revolution, here’s how:
Writer’s Guidelines: Discovery Issue
Thank you for your interest in contributing to Ayiba Magazine. Issues are organized around themes. All submissions are welcome whether or not they relate with the theme, as articles not chosen for a particular issue of Ayiba may be kept on file for future consideration and later used on our website.
All accepted articles are subject to editing. If an article submitted to Ayiba has appeared anywhere on the Internet or in a publication in the past, please note that in your submission along with the publication name and date published.
We have several categories including:
- Art & Entertainment
- Creative Writing
- Fashion & Beauty
- Society & Culture
- Travel & Cuisine
We also have several writers series including My Afropolitan Diary, Experience Africa (Study Abroad Stories), Proudly African, Becoming, Behind the Headlines, African City Tour, and Start-Up Stories.
- All materials should relate in some way to Africa or the Diaspora.
- Features should be 800 – 1,000 words.
- Reviews or commentaries should be between 500 and 800 words.
- Opinion pieces or commentaries should interweave experience with ideas and reasoned debate on controversial subjects.
- Creative writing can vary in length depending on the purpose of the piece.
- Ayiba accepts book excerpts from new authors that are relevant to our readers. Excerpts are generally 800 words or less.
- We also accept queries and proposals.
- All submissions should be sent in .doc or .txt format to email@example.com.
- We encourage you to include a 50-word biography with your submission, as well as web links for readers to connect with you.
- Photos or illustrations are encouraged with all submissions. Please ensure that images are not copyrighted.
- When submitting images, include a text file stating the image name and a short description.
- Images should be jpeg or png files only.
Submission of any piece means that contributors agree to the statement below:
“I certify that I created this content and it is my original work. I understand that submitting my work here means it could be published for the world to see, and that I am of the legal age to consent to this.”
Please note that articles written for the website and magazine are unpaid.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on facebook/twitter.